lauantai 31. toukokuuta 2014

Fluttershy's petticoat and petit bustle

I got around drafting and making Fluttershy's petticoat to a point where I need to try it on the cosplayer and make necessary arrangements for it to fit nicely. Since I have no plans to giving this cosplay away, I also need to make sure that it also fits me.

I used a pattern I found in Period Costume for Stage and Screen: 1800-1909 by Jean Hunnisett. I got a few copies out of it because my copy is from the library, so I cannot make markings on it. I had to insert more room for the waist as the pattern was designed for someone very tall and built like a stick.

I used the same book for the petit bustle. I'm doing everything in the wrong order, because I haven't made her corset yet, but I plan on drafting that this evening and trying to piece it together tomorrow. Then I can finish the petticoat.


Petticoat without bustle on the left and petticoat with bustle on the right. The bustle is small and  about and inch thick, but it gives the petticoat such a nice lift. If you look carefully, you can see how much fabric I had to insert into the side seam to make it fit. Material for the petticoat is cotton.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti