sunnuntai 13. huhtikuuta 2014

Early plans; Fluttershy's Grand Galloping Gala gown



Fluttershy caused my quite a lot of grief, because I had no idea to which time period I'd tie her costume. There was thought of Middle Age, Byzantine inspiration, but I wasn't sure and it didn't just feel right. Then I happened to come by this image:
And something just clicked to place. The soft floofy look, the embroidery, the lace, the floofy trail... This was it. This is how I saw Fluttershy's gown. So I pitched the idea to the cosplayer who, after gentle persuasion, was exited about the idea.

I collected together images as an inspirational map, while I got myself a book about Edwardian fashion.

We both adore Alphonse Mucha's art and I'm hoping that once we get the early design chosen and I can start the detailed design plans, I get to incorporate some of that adoration into this cosplay gown. If nothing else, the hair and the accessory jewelry could be from Mucha's art.


Here's the first drafts of the gown. I'm still waiting for the feedback from the cosplayer on which kind of design she wants for the dress. After that I can start adding details, get the shape fixed, sampling materials and just getting the general planning together.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti